After more than 18 hours of both primary and secondary research, we believe we have found the best air purifier that will make most people in India the happiest and most satisfied. We have come to this conclusion based on factors such as VitaShield IPS technology, smart light control, Aerasense technology, allergen mode, bacteria & virus mode, as well as its aerodynamic design that ensures effective airflow. We also found many other air purifier models that are great options for a different range of budgets and requirements. Now, let us explore our list of top picks below.
Top Air Purifier Reviews 2021
Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887/20 56-Watt Air Purifier (Editor’s Choice)
As most of us know, Philips is currently the leading manufacturer of air purifiers in India. They are known for their high-quality products, and the Philips 2000 series is no different. This air purifier comes with AeraSense technology that senses fine particles and airborne allergens. It also features the VitaShield IPS, auto mode, and allergen mode that filter bacteria, allergens, and other small particles. Hence, you can choose your preferred purification setting depending on your needs and preference. This unit covers room sizes of up to 441 square feet, making it ideal to use in bedrooms and large living rooms.
- AeraSense Technology- This sensor identifies fine particles below PM 2.5 and processes the information so that the purifier’s settings are at the correct level.
- Smart Light Control- Depending on your preference, the lights of the purifier can be dimmed or turned off to avoid disturbance.
- 3 auto-modes- This purifier has three auto-modes that comprise of general, allergen, and bacterial and virus modes. The allergen mode has a special event detention algorithm, and it boosts the airflow to prevent allergens. The powerful bacteria and virus mode increases air exchange per hour, and this eliminates 99.9% of bacteria.
- VitaShield IPS Technology– This technology boosts the air delivery rate up to 344 m3/hr, and this helps to eliminate very fine particles as small as 20 nm. It also helps to reduce harmful gases such as TVOC and formaldehyde.
- Healthy Air Protect– Once the filter lifetime has been calculated, this feature notifies you when it is time to change the filter.
This air purifier is the editor’s choice for a number of reasons. We are particularly fascinated by the fact that it comes with 3 auto modes that detect pollutants and eliminate them. Another aspect we’d like to highlight is the fact that this purifier turns down the noise level and fan speed, so you can be assured of a comfortable night’s sleep. You can also be assured of healthy air at all times, thanks to the healthy air protect.
- Effectively traps viruses and bacteria up to 99.9%
- Features a smart light control for dimming the lights
- Ultra silent
- Gives filter replacement alerts
- Four-speed controlling levels to adjust fan speed
- Not suitable for multiple rooms
- Difficult to install and use
- Lacks remote control
- Not ideal for highly populated cities like Delhi
- Air quantity is likely to decrease when the purifier is in allergen mode
MI Air Purifier 2 (Best Budget Pick)
If you are looking for the best affordable air purifier for your home, look no further than the MI Air Purifier 2. This unit comes from the popular China brand Xiamio which is now starting to build a name in the Indian market with its top-notch home appliances. This unit is simple and elegant, and it has a compact design that is 40% smaller than its forerunner. One of the features of this appliance that really stands out is the True HEPA filter which is very efficient at filtration. This model also comes with a CADR of 310 m3/hr to give coverage for over 400 square feet. It is, therefore, suitable for bedrooms as well as living rooms.
- Powerful and silent motor– The motor of this unit is equipped with advanced aerodynamics which enables it to operate effectively without creating too much noise.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) – The unit has a high 310 m3/h and can take just 10 minutes to purify a 400-square feet room.
- Sensor- The sensor in the purifier is able to detect PM2.5 concentration and responds automatically to air quality changes.
- HEPA triple-layer filter- To get rid of impurities and dust in your home, this unit is equipped with a 360-degrees triple-layer that includes a PET primary filter, an EPA filter, and an activated carbon filter.
- Coverage area- This air purifier is able to cover a 400-square feet room, making it ideal for bedrooms or living rooms.
- MI Home App- The app allows you to watch and control the air purifier from your phone anywhere. It also notifies you when the filter needs to be changed and recommends whether to open or close the window.
Generally, we find this air purifier very effective when compared to other models in the market of a similar price range. Although it has an extremely powerful motor, this air purifier is very silent, and it does not consume a lot of electricity. Besides coming in a beautiful design, it is equipped with a 3-layer HEPA filter that guarantees the highest level of purification with just 10 minutes. For this reason, it is the best choice for medium-sized bedrooms and living rooms that have a total area of 400 square feet.
- Energy-efficient as it consumes moderate power
- Powerful and silent motor
- HEPA filter ensures quality purification
- Great CADR for adequate air purification
- Can be remotely controlled and monitored using a smartphone
- Purifies air within 10 minutes
- Sends notification alerts for filter replacement
- Doesn’t come with a remote
- Some users complain that it is difficult to discover the purifier via WiFi
- Air quality of the purifier lacks accuracy
Honeywell Air Touch HAC35M1101G Room Air Purifier (Best Value Air Purifier)
Air purifiers from Honeywell are renowned for their quality and great performance, and the HAC35M1101G is no different. This purifier features CADR of 300 m3/hr, and it provides coverage for large bedrooms and living rooms of up to 450 square feet. With a 3-stage advanced filtration system with Honeywell HiSiv technology, you can be assured that this pollutant will remove almost 99% of pollutants and allergens in the room, making the air you breathe fresher and cleaner. Besides, it is completely ozone-free and does not emit harmful gases or odors. Better yet, it features a built-in sleep mode in order to mitigate noise levels, so you can enjoy a peaceful and relaxing night rest.
- 3-stage advanced filtration system– Gets rid of pollutants at a rate of 99.9% efficiency
- 3000 hours of filter life- This purifier can work for a year when it is used for 8 hours each day.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 300 m3/hr
- Ozone free- Does not emit harmful gases during the filtration process.
- Smooth touch panel controls- This air purifier comes with a sleek and appealing LED display that has 3-color indicators and is very easy to operate. The color indicator ensures ambient air quality.
- Intelligent auto mode- This feature is designed to detect any air pollution in the room which then triggers the purifier to start operating.
- 3D airflow design– This design ensures optimal air suction and zero blind angle.
- Anti-fall base design– Thanks to this unique design, the purifier won’t get damaged in case of any accidental fall.
- No exposed filters– The filters are well hidden in order to prevent you or your child from coming into contact with the pollutants captured.
Honeywell Air Touch comes with advanced filtration technology that helps to clear impurities and pollutants, so you can enjoy more clean air. It is one of the best air purifiers in India owing to the fact that it is packed with useful features. It is also very cost-effective in the long run because of the longer filter life the product has to offer.
- 100% ozone free
- Built-in sleep mode ensures quiet operation
- Longer filter life
- Sleek and easy to operate LED display
- Protective anti-fall design
- Easy to change filter
- Extremely safe because the filters are not exposed
- It can be expensive to replace the filter
- Short cable and thin plug points
- Lacks memory function and doesn’t restart automatically after a power outage
Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier (Best Advanced Technology)
Are you considering a good-looking air purifier that is packed with all the essential features for your air cleaning needs? If so, then the Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier is what you need. This model comes in a sleek design and is effective when the IAQ is in the moderate to high range. This air purifier is designed with Air Multiplier Technology that projects and circulates over 360 liters of purified air across the room.
- High-efficient glass HEPA filter – Traps harmful pollutants on the screen
- 360-degree Oscillation- for personalized angle and proper air circulation
- Tris-coated filter with activated carbon- captures 99.95% of ultra-fine allergen and pollutants that are as small as PM 0.1
- Dyson link app gives reports of air quality in the actual period and allows you to monitor the purifier on your smartphone via WiFi
- Suitable for medium to large rooms of up to 600 square feet
- Energy efficient
- Easy to install
- HEPA filter technology for advanced purification
- Ideal for highly populated areas
- Sleek and portable design
- Comes with remote
- On the expensive side
- Produces a little noise, but this can be managed
Blueair Blue 211, 50 sq meters, 61 watts
If you are looking for a high-performance air purifier that is easy to set up and maintain, then Blueair Blue 211 is what you most likely need. This unique purifier uses the HEPA Silent Technology which delivers the most efficient air purification with minimal noise and low energy consumption. It can clean medium to large rooms up to 250 square meters. In addition, it has a high Clean Air Delivery Rate of 590 m3/hr in order to give you more purified air every hour.
- HEPASilent filtration technology- Eliminates 99.9% of airborne pollutants like PM2.5 particles, allergens, bacteria, and other pollutants as small as 0.1 micron in size.
- Particle and Carbon Filter- Eliminates gaseous and particle pollutants.
- Pre-filter-This washable filter traps large particles and adds to the life of the HEPA filter.
- 360-degrees air flow- Makes it possible to place the air purifier anywhere in the room.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate – 590 m3/hr
- 3 layers of filtration enhances purification
- Quiet operation
- Energy efficient
- Automatic filter replacement alert
- Features one-button control
- Comes with 5 pre-color filters to choose from
- Fan is prone to breakage after a few months of use
- Omits air quality display
- Doesn’t include a remote
- Pre-filter needs regular cleaning
Honeywell Move Pure Car Air Purifier (Best Air Purifier For Cars)
This air purifier from Honeywell is probably the best air purifier in India for cars. It is able to eliminate PM 2.5 of dust and external pollutants thanks to its top-notch HEPA filter. What makes this unit a favorite to many Indians is the fact that it is completely ozone-friendly and doesn’t release any toxic gases that may further cause harm to the ozone layer.
- High-grade HEPA filter– Capable of filtration of PM2.5.
- Advance double-layer active Filter- This helps to eliminate bacteria, odor, VOCs, toxic gases, and formaldehyde.
- Has CADR of up to 12 m3/hr- which can be used in all types of cars.
- Energy-efficient- It uses low electricity while producing only a quiet sound.
- Doesn’t produce noise
- Offers ozone-free air purification
- HEPA and carbon filtration keep pollutants at bay
- Low power consumption
- Easy to operate and install
- Features one button for multiple operations
- Filter is sensitive to heat and requires frequent replacement
- On the expensive side
- Some users say that refill is costly
KENT Aura Room Air Purifier 45-Watt with HEPA Technology
This is another beautifully designed air purifier that is created with Japanese technology, and it covers medium rooms up to 290 square feet. This unit has a high Clean Air Delivery Rate of 180 m3/h and three operating speeds. Also, it includes a HEPA filter and specially treated carbon filter.
- HEPA filter- Helps to trap harmful pollutants and PM 2.5 dust from the air.
- Treated carbon filter- This filter comes with specially sized pallets that absorb odor, dust, cigarette smoke, and oxides of Nitrogen and Sulfide.
- Inbuilt Ionizer- Discharges negative ions that enhance air quality.
- Intelligent air monitoring system- Allows you to check air quality.
- User-friendly features- Also included are user-friendly features such as filter change alarm, 8-hour time with automatic shut feature, and one-touch child-lock feature.
- Enhances the air quality quickly
- Eye-catching and portable design
- Carbon filter absorbs bad odor
- Includes child-lock feature
- Inbuilt Ionizer improves air quality
- Coverage area is limited
- Noise levels can go up with time causing disturbances
- Stops working after a while
Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Air Purifier with Heater and Bladeless Fan, HP04 (Best High End )
This product from Dyson is the only air purifier that comes with a heating functionality to warm and purify the room. With a coverage area of 600 square feet, this purifier performs well in medium to large rooms. What makes it stand out is the fact that it comes with Air MultiplierTM technology and supports smartphone connectivity through WiFi and Bluetooth. It has also been certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America as asthma and allergy-friendly.
- 360 Degrees HEPA Filter and Tris Impregnated Activated Carbon Filter- This combination helps to do away with 99.9% of allergens and pollutants as small as PM0.1
- 360-degrees oscillation- with personalized angle
- LCD screen- Senses and displays pollutants on LCD screen in real-time
- Gets rid of 99.9% of pollutants and allergens
- Automatically senses and displays air quality in real-time
- Includes heater and bladeless fan
- Ideal for medium and large rooms
- Easy filter maintenance
- Dedicated remote control
- Sensors are faulty in heating and cooling mode
- On the expensive side which is an issue for some people
How to Choose the Best Air Purifier in India?
Finding the air purifier for your needs can be daunting because of the numerous selections available. Here are some tips that will help you narrow down your choice.
- Room Size
First and foremost, ensure that you have the right measurements for your room before you head out to shop for an air purifier. This is important because the market is packed with air purifiers of different sizes that can only cover a specific room size. Bigger rooms will require large air purifiers while small air purifiers will perform better in smaller rooms. Therefore, make sure that you check the coverage area of the air purifier; then, compare it with the size of your room. It is also important to note that large-capacity air purifiers tend to be more costly than small air purifiers.
- Check the Filtration Technology
Another important thing to consider when buying an air purifier is the filtration system. A filter is the core of any air purifier, and it ensures that you get the most effective air purification that you need. Basically, most air purifiers are fitted with a three-layer filtration system that comprises of a HEPA filter, carbon filter, and pre-filter. The HEPA filter is the most important filter that helps to remove pollen, dust, hair, visible smoke, and pet dander. An effective HEPA filter is expected to eliminate 99.97% of 0.3 mm airborne pollutants. Activated carbon filter is a porous element that is used to get rid of hazardous impurities like odor, smoke, volatile organic compounds (VOC), pesticides, and many more. The pre-filter traps large particles and extends the lifespan of the HEPA filter. While some purifiers combine these 3 filters into a single unit, others separate them so that they can easily be replaced. Some air purifiers also come with an ionic filter which emits charged ions into the air in order to get a reaction with the airborne contaminants. Ionic filters have the ability to capture ultrafine particles that are as small as 0.01 microns. Lastly, is the photocatalytic filter that contains titanium dioxide which is energized by UV light to release electrons that filter the air.
- Consider the CADR
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) shows the volume of purified air that the device can produce in cubic meters every hour. The higher the CADR rate, the higher the quality of filtration. The CADR rating measures 3 types of air pollution including dust, pollen, allergens, and even smoke. However, it is important to note that not all models come with a CADR rating, as this rating is only given to manufacturers that have taken the AHAM test independently and received certification.
- Portability and Noise
Portability is a crucial factor especially if you are planning to use the air purifier in more than one room. Models that come with castor wheels will improve the portability of the unit, especially in heavy appliances. It is also good to ensure that the device produces minimal noise, so you can have a comfortable night’s sleep. Some models come with a built-in sleep mode to minimize noise levels if you intend to use the purifier during the night. If the purifier features a fan, see to it that there is an adjustment option, so you can tone down noise levels. Nonetheless, air purifiers that use the UV and Ionization technology do not use fans; hence, they are extremely silent.
If you want to enjoy clean air that is free from harmful elements and safer for you and your family, then it is important that you invest in a superior quality air purifier. Highlighted above are some of the things that you need to consider when purchasing air purifiers. We have also analyzed the best air purifier in India, the Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887/20. With this comprehensive guide, we are certain that you have learned a lot about air purifiers. It will allow you to make a correct and well-informed buying decision.