After grueling and extensive research hours regarding the best geyser water heaters in India, we believe we have found the best water heater that will satisfy most Indian users. Based on the capacity, materials used, added features, safety features, and appearance, we have chosen a winner and also recommended several other models if you are on a tighter budget or want different features like a remote-control thermostat. We’ll explore other shortlisted options below.
Top Geyser Water Heater In India
Bajaj New Shakti Vertical Water Heater (Editor’s Choice)
Indulge yourself and your family with the top-notch water heater from Bajaj. With the capacity of 25 liters, a family of 3-4 members could enjoy bathing and relaxing in the comforts of your bathroom. The piping hot water from the New Shakti Vertical Water Heater has two purposes: taking away stress while you bath, and removing stains while you wash your clothes. This state-of-the-art geyser is guaranteed to last a long time; thanks to its Glass-line Inner tank that fights away corrosion and rustiness inside the tank. Rated 8 bar-pressure, this water heater can be used even on multi-story buildings. Plus, it has multiple safety systems that protect your equipment from overheating, over-pressure, and dry heating that will damage the heating element of the water heater. It has a warranty of 2 years on the inner tank and the product itself and 5 years for the heating element.
- Can hold up to 25 liters of water
- With mild steel Glass-line Inner Tank to inhibit corrosion
- Rated 8-bar pressure which means it can be used in high-rise building
- With multiple safety systems to prevent damage in the heating element
- With PUF insulation
- Has distinct indicator dial
- Reheating time in 60 minutes
- warranty of 2 years on the inner tank and product itself and 5 years for the heating element
The Bajaj New Shakti Vertical Water Heater tops our list because of the overall features of this product that make it durable, highly functional, and aesthetically pleasing in the bathroom. It gives comfort while ensuring safety and protection against hazards. This is surely a must-try product perfect for your bathrooms.
- It has a 25 L capacity ideal for 3 to 4 users.
- It can retain a hot water temperature even after 12 hours.
- The geyser has temperature settings that can be set according to season.
- It can be used even in multi-story buildings.
- The water heater is equipped with a variety of safety systems that prevent overheating, over-pressure, and dry heating that may cause damage to the heating element of the geyser.
- The pipes are not included in the package and you have to shell out a fortune for the installation.
- The temperature indicator and control are amiss.
AO Smith HSE-VAS-X-25 Litre Storage Vertical Water Heater (Best Budget Pick)
If you don’t want to go beyond your means when looking for the top geyser water heater in India, then the HSE-VAS-X- Vertical Water Heater by AO Smith would be the perfect one for you. It is made of highly durable metal on the outside than can withstand heat efficiently and a blue-diamond, glass-lined inside the tank that makes it resist corrosion effectively. It also has BEE 5 -star rating along with its Advanced PUF Technology that allows you to cost-effectively save energy thus, help you save money even in the long run. Its neutral white-color exterior levels up the aesthetic appearance of your bathroom. No need to worry regarding warranty as AO Smith offers a 7-year warranty for the inner tank, 3 years for the glass-coated heating element, and 2 years for the comprehensive warranty of the product.
- Capacity of up to 25 liters and pressure of 8 bars
- Glass-coated heating element
- Made of highly durable metal on the exterior that is colored white
- Blue-diamond, glass-lined tank to prevent corrosion
- Convenient temperature control knob settings
- Equipped with safety valve and thermal cutoff
- Long-term anode rode
- Advanced Physical Unclonable Function (PUF) Technology
- Warranty of 7 years for the inner tank, 3 years for the heating element, and 2 years comprehensive warranty
The HSE-VAS-X- Vertical Water Heater by AO Smith is the best budget pick not only because of its cost-effective price, but also because it has an advanced PUF technology that allows you to save energy, making it a good investment as it lets you save more money in the long run. This water heater is not just all about affordability, for it also has high-end features that make it a good water heater to consider for your bathroom.
- It has a 25-Liter capacity that allows 3-4 members of the family to use it.
- It remains hot for more than 12 hours even after switching the heater off.
- It has a good design and looks classy.
- Consumes less electricity giving you a smaller electric bill
- It is a big, bulky, and on the heavier side.
- The water heater tends to create noise when it is turned on at the maximum level for more than 15 minutes.
AO Smith HSE-SES-15 15-Litre 2000-Watt Vertical Water Heater (Best Value Geyser)
AO Smith has once again proved the superior quality of its product by bagging another spot in our review for a good geyser water heater in India. The HSE-SES-15 Vertical Water Heater by AO Smith takes pride in its advanced technology features that make it work proficiently with Indian water conditions. It also has a blue-diamond glass-lined tank, the same as the aforementioned, that prevents it from corrosion and rust. Furthermore, it has a safety valve specifically designed to discharge water and relieve pressure, in case it exceeds the preset limits. What’s even more interesting with this product is its digital control with a remote control that offers ultimate convenience for its users. AO Smith offers a 7 year warranty on its inner tank, 3 years for its heating element, and 2 years for the comprehensive warranty of the product.
- 15 Litres capacity
- Uses 2000 Watts of electric power
- Has a blue-diamond, glass-lined tank to prevent corrosion
- With a safety valve for high-pressure problems
- Remote control for digital control of temperature
- Rated 8 bars for water pressure
- 25 to 75 degree centigrade for temperature range
- With glass-coated heating element
- Warranty of 7 years on its inner tank, 3 years for its heating element, and 2 years for the comprehensive warranty of the product.
When it comes to giving value to your hard-earned money, AO Smith HSE-SES-15 Vertical Water Heater would be the right one for that. It has superior-quality features like the digital remote control that allows you to conveniently switch temperature just the way you like it. Also, it has a safety valve that resolves issues with regard to water pressure. Plus, it has 4 different colors – ivory, red, white, and blue that you could choose from to easily blend your water heater to the sophisticated beauty of your bathroom.
- It heats water up faster.
- The remote control works perfectly in setting your desired temperature.
- It has a digital display that allows you to see the current temperature.
- It can reserve hot water for the whole day even if you turn it off.
- It creates a frustrating noise inside.
- It requires an experienced worker to install the complicated structure of the heater.
Crompton Amica ASWH-2015 Water Heater (Best Advanced Technology Water Heater)
Relax and enjoy a bath in the comforts of your home with the Amica ASWH-2015 Water Heater by Crompton. Crompton is a well-distinguished brand in India known for its superior quality and highly innovative products including geysers. The Amica ASWH-2015 Water Heater is equipped with advanced technology magnesium anode and state-of-the-art polymer-coated tanks for maximum protection against corrosion and hard water conditions in India. It has a high-quality copper heating element that heats water super-fast. In addition, the Amica ASWH-2015 Water Heater has a superior-quality PUF foam that keeps your water hot for a longer period. It also has a standby cut-off with a smart design that allows your geyser to consume electricity without compromising functionality and quality.
- Has 25 L capacity
- With magnesium anode and polymer-coated tank for maximum protection
- Heating element is made of high-quality copper that heats water fast
- With PUF foam that ensures high-heat retention inside your tank
- Standby cut-off and smart design make it perform well while consuming less energy
- It heats water in a short span of time.
- It consumes less power thus, a smaller electric bill.
- The heat of the water remains even after a certain time.
- The buyer needs to buy some accessories needed for the installation of the geyser.
- The customer service is just terrible.
- It takes time to fill the bucket because of the low outlet flow.
V-Guard Water Heater Victo 15 litres
The Victo Water Heater by V-guard is made of high-quality mild steel coated with an anti-corrosive powder that makes it last long even in a highly humid bathroom environment. Plus, the inner tank is also made of thick-gauge steel with glass-lined coating that protects it from the adverse effects of hard water and corrosion. Furthermore, the Victo Water Heater by V-guard is protected with a four-layer safety system — the thermal cut-out mechanisms, Hi-tech thermostat, Magnesium anode, and multifunctional valve that protects your geyser from wear and tear. The inner tank is protected with a 5-year warranty, 3 years for the heating element, and 2 years for the comprehensive warranty of the product.
- With 15 L capacity
- Has thick-gauge steel with glass-lined coating in the inner tank
- With multi-function valve that keeps pressure control within limits
- Has magnesium anode for added protection again corrosion
- With thermal cut-out mechanisms and hi-tech thermostat for precise temperature regulation
- Has an easy-to-use temperature control dial on the front panel
- It has a simple yet fashionable look that complements the design of the bathroom.
- It is reasonably priced.
- Strong and durable connecting pipes are provided along with the product.
- The setting must be put at the maximum level 25 to 30 minutes before the bath during winter.
- The gauge is misleading.
Morphy Richards Lavo EM Storage 10-Litre Vertical Water Heater (Best 10-Litre Vertical Water Heater)
Start your day with a relaxing hot water bath with the Morphy Richards Lavo EM Water Heater. With a 5-star BEE rating for energy conservation, this well-designed water heater will raise the aesthetic quality of your bathroom. Furthermore, it has a pressure withstanding capacity of 8 bars that makes it suitable for water pump applications and multi-story buildings. It also has a PUF material just between the inner tank and the outer body to ensure heat preservation for a longer period. In addition, the geyser is lined with a glass heating element that keeps the water hot for a long time.
- With a capacity of 10 liters
- With a pressure withstanding capacity of 8 bars
- PUF material is placed strategically between the inner tank and the outer body
- Has a magnesium anode to balance the water PH
- Has a glass-lined heating element
- With pre-set water temperature
- With smart digital temperature display
- The maximum temperature it could deliver is up to 55 degrees centigrade.
- It has a sleek body and design to complement the design of the bathroom.
- It heats up water quickly.
- The pipes were made of plastic which is not suitable for a water heater.
- The heater does not stay hot for more than 20 minutes.
Havells Monza EC 10 Water Heater
The innovative features of the Havells Monza EC 10 Water Heater makes it one of the great geyser water heaters in India with a 10 L capacity. It has an innovative feroglas TM technology inside the container that allows it to withstand hard water commonly utilized in India. Furthermore, it has an Incoloy heating element that makes it resistant to both carbonization and oxidation even at extremely high temperatures. It also has a CFC-free, high-density, PUF insulation that keeps heater water hot for longer hours.
- With a capacity of up to 10 liters
- With Feroglas TM Technology inside the container that lets it withstand hard water
- Has an Incoloy heating element, making it resistant to carbonization and oxidation
- High-density, CFC-free PUF insulation
- 5 years’ warranty for inner container and 2 years for the comprehensive warranty of the product
- Whirl flow technology for the water tubes
- It only takes a small amount of time to warm up the water.
- The product comes with free inlet and outlet pipes and installation.
- It can also reheat water quickly.
- It has more safety precautions for its users.
- The temperature control knob is not discernible.
- It consumes a lot of power.
- Water doesn’t remain hot for long.
Old A.O. Smith HSE-SDS-15 Vertical Water Heater (Best High End)
Rated 5 stars on international quality and performance, the old AO Smith HSE-SDS-15 Vertical Water Heater is one of the excellent geyser water heaters in India. It is equipped with advanced technology, double-coated, glass-link tank that gives it maximum protection against corrosion, scale formation, and hard water. It has a thermal cut-out mechanism that cuts off power supply when the temperature of the water exceeds the pre-set level. Plus, it has a safety valve that automatically discharges water out to relieve pressure in case it overshoots the limit. In addition, the product is protected with warranty—7 years for the inner tank, 4 years for the glass-coated heating element, and 2 years for the entire product.
- Capacity of up to 15 liters
- Double-coated, glass-link tank for maximum protection against corrosion and hard water
- Stainless steel anode rod to protect it further from corrosive elements
- Safety valve that relieves pressure in case of overshoot
- Color-match system that you could choose to complement the aesthetics of your bathroom
- Its color-match system makes it easier to choose and blend with the design of the bathroom.
- It can be fitted even in low-height bathrooms.
- It has low power consumption.
- A little hard work is needed for installation.
- The accessories were not provided with the product.
- It takes a little while longer to heat up water.
- The heated water easily gets cold.
How to Choose the Best Geyser in India
A geyser is an element utilized in water heaters that heats the water with electric supply. Looking for a suitable geyser in India may be quite difficult because you need to consider a whole lot of factors before you ultimately make your choice. Here are some of the things that must be considered:
This is one of the most important things to consider when you want to buy a geyser water heater in India. It should be close to the volume of hot water needed in one sitting. The ideal size of a geyser produces an adequate amount of heat perfect for your immediate use. If you have a smaller bathroom with 2 to 3 members of the family, then a 10 L or 15 L water heater should accommodate your needs. However, if you belong to a family of 4 or more, then a large-capacity water heater will be a more appropriate choice. It is common sense that the big geyser will be more difficult to install than the smaller one.
It is also important to note the materials used to make the geyser as this makes a difference in efficiently heating your water in a certain time frame. Usually, they disclose this information in the description of the product for clients to easily track them down.
Water heaters that consume less power are appealing to more and more Indians due to the fact that this will also help them save money in the long run. Make sure to buy geysers that have passed the ISI standards established by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
One of the most essential features that you should consider when buying a geyser is the thermostat. It is important as it allows you to control the temperature of your water. Knobs or dials are usually used to adjust the temperatures, while some high-end water heaters come with a digital meter that lets you see the accurate water temperature. Other also uses a remote control like the AO Smith HSE-SES-15 15-Litre 2000-Watt Vertical Water Heater that permits its users to conveniently manipulate their desired water temperature while a few models also come with an innovative temperature controller that controls the geyser according to the weather outside.
It is very crucial to consider the safety features of your water heater. Safety valves should give an extra layer of safety by controlling the temperature and pressure of the water heater to prevent it from overheating. Other features will make your water heater durable and last longer. It is also important to note safety features for the end-users as well as the Havells Monza EC 10 Water Heater, which ensures high-level protection of the electrical components of the water heater to avoid electrocution.
Some may say that the physical attributes of the water heater will not matter as long as it’s functioning well. Well, I beg to disagree. It is also important to take into account the overall appearance of your heaters in your bathroom. Geysers are an essential component in your bathroom, especially during the cold, winter days. Choosing the best one by considering the factors mentioned above will help you achieve the best decision for your next purchase.
If you want a refreshing and relaxing bathing experience in the luxury of your own home, then you need to invest in the top rated geyser water heaters in India. We have stressed some of the important considerations you have to take note of while buying the perfect water heater for your needs. We hope that this guide will help you reach your ultimate decision and you have all there is to know about the water heater.