After grueling hours of detailed and extensive research, we’ve selected some of the best mattresses in India. We looked for mattresses with reasonable prices, that also give the right amount of support and comfort that individual needs. Furthermore, considering the hot and humid nights in India we looking for cooling technologies and minimum motion transfer if you sleep with a partner. Now, let us dive one by one into our top picks.
8 Best Selling Mattresses In India
Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress
If you want to sleep soundly in your bed but are on a tight budget, then no need to worry; Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam gives you the indulgence of a high-end mattress without needing to drift from your limited budget. It is made of 4 layers – High-resilience Support Foam, Transitional Layer, Next Generation Memory Foam, and Cool Foam that is equipped with the latest technological innovation to support your back while letting you enjoy a comfortable, deep sleep. These 4 layers are then covered with a high-quality GSM-spun and breathable polyester fabric altogether with the cool foam layer, keeps your body cool throughout your sleep. The Orthopedic Memory Foam layer of the mattress conforms with the shape of your body and distributes body weight evenly, making it an ideal mattress for people with spinal alignment problems. Although the white surface is highly recommended for maximum use and comfort, both surfaces of the mattress are usable.
- Length * Width * Height of (72*36*5) inches
- White in color
- Medium-firm feel on the mattress
- With cool foam layer
- Orthopedic Memory Foam layer
- Covered with zippered breathable polyester fabric for easy wash
- Both sides of the mattress can be used
- Shipping directly from the factory
- Limited warranty for 10 years from the manufacturer
These overall qualities make your Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress a must-consider product for your Indian home:
- It is not too soft to engulf you in foam nor too rigid to give you discomfort and back pains.
- It comes with a protector to keep stains and unwanted moisture off your mattress.
- The mattress has multiple layers of foam to assure you comfort and proper posture during your sleep.
Aside from these high-quality features, the Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress also comes at an affordable price that makes it easily accessible to the Indian Household.
- The company has excellent customer support that will gladly answer all your queries and assist you with your needs.
- The mattress feels a little soft but not too soft to engulf you in the mattress. This is ideal for people with spinal issues who want to sleep comfortably at night.
- Aside from its overall quality, the mattress doesn’t hurt your pocket.
- Due to its multiple layers, the mattress seems to be on the heavier side.
- Again, maybe because of its multi-layer feature, the mattress absorbs body heat and tends to feel warm after a while.
SleepyCat Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress
Want a luxury hotel-like mattress in the comforts of your home? Then try the SleepyCat Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress. This 6-inch memory foam mattress is built by experts to assure you of a goodnight’s rest without feeling sore the next morning. It has a special blend of foam equipped with cooling crystals that regulates your core body temperature to help you sleep well throughout the night. Plus, it has a Pressure-Relieving Technology that conforms with the shape of your body and provides ample support to your back and spinal area, to maintain proper alignment and give relief on the pressure points that cause back pain the next day. All in all, it is covered with a smart-zipper, ultra-premium cover made of high-GSM spun fabric with tiny holes to ensure comfort, breathability, and flexibility. Plus, the uppermost layer also assures you of an undisturbed sleep even if your sleeping partner tosses and turns during sleep.
- Length * Width * Height of (72*36*6) inches
- With Pressure-Relieving Technology
- Has anti-skid base that keeps foam in place
- Gel memory foam keeps you cool throughout your sleep
- Covered with a smart-zipper, ultra-premium, breathable GSM fabric
- Doesn’t have harmful chemicals
- Assures you of Zero-Partner Disturbance
- With 10 days’ replacement and 10 years’ warranty from the manufacturer
The SleepyCat Orthopedic Gel Memory Foam Mattress is a must-consider mattress for your home because:
- It has a multi-foam layer with Pressure-Relieving Technology that allows its users to get a goodnight’s sleep without the need to worry about back pains the next day.
- It can be customized according to your bed frame’s dimensions.
- You can be guaranteed an undisturbed sleep, thanks to its Zero-Partner Disturbance feature that keeps you undisturbed even if your sleeping partner tosses and turns throughout the night.
The overall features of this product make it one of the top choices for a quality mattress in India.
- One of the best features in a mattress especially if you are co-sleeping is the Zero-Partner Disturbance to have an undisturbed sleep.
- You can have your mattress customized according to the size of your bed frame.
- The newly-opened mattress doesn’t emit any smell even after opening it.
- It would be more comfortable if the memory foam layer was thicker.
- The light color of the mattress makes it more prone to get dirty or have stains.
Dreamzee Ortho-Care Memory Foam Mattress
The Dreamzee Ortho-care Memory Foam Mattress has been highly-conceptualized to give comfort and at the same time provide support for your back, spinal areas, and other pressure-point areas. This multi-layer mattress is soft at the top while medium-firm at the bottom to give ample support of the back and spine and allows the sleepers to resume a correct posture even during their sleep. The memory foam layer conforms with the shape of the body and returns to its original shape after the weight has been taken off. It is covered with a High-GSM, breathable fabric, knitted and quilted perfectly on a hexagon-pattern, to further give an elegant and lavish look to your bedroom.
- Length * Width * Height of (72*36*5) inches
- Weight of 10 kilograms
- Comes in white or American Cream color
- With pressure-relieving technology to assure of a good night’s sleep.
- With 1-inch Soft foam, 1-inch Cool Memory Foam, and a high-resilient support layer
- Covered with a High-GSM, quilted, and breathable fabric
- 5-year warranty against defects from the manufacturer
- Made to order- according to the size of your bed frame
This made-to-order mattress gives the best value for your hard-earned money because of the following:
- It is not too soft nor too rigid which assures its users’ high-quality comfort while giving ample support to your back and spinal area.
- It can be customized according to the dimensions of your bed frame.
- It has a perfectly knitted and quilted, high-GSM, breathable cover that exudes elegance in the mattress.
So, if you need a mattress that is a sure-fit to your bed frame and adds beauty and elegance to it, then consider the Dreamzee Ortho-care Memory Foam Mattress on Amazon.
- The product is on a made-to-order basis; thus, the mattress is guaranteed a sure-fit to your bed’s frame.
- It gives the right amount of comfort, not too soft to submerge you into the mattress nor too rigid for your back and pressure points.
- It is covered with a high-GSM, breathable fabric that is knitted on a hexagon-pattern that adds elegance and style to the overall design of your bedroom.
- It doesn’t come with an extra protective cover to keep it stain-free and moisture-free.
- Once you have placed your order, you cannot cancel it or have it replaced because it is customized and made-to-order.
Sleepyhead 3 Layered Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
Are you looking for a great mattress in India that gives the right amount of support without giving up the luxury of comfort that you deserve? Then look no further than the Sleepyhead 3 Layered Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress that gives you both ample support and comfort. With its firm-foam base that gives the right amount of firmness, memory foam at the center that allows the right amount of bounce, and soft and breathable top layer that offers the right amount of comfort, you’ve got everything you need in one mattress. Plus, it has a detachable and washable outer cover that you can wash regularly, to keep your bed free from dust and stains and always feeling fresh and new.
- Length * Width * Height of (78*60*6)
- Weight of 25.6 kilograms
- Comes in white color
- Gives a medium feel on the mattress
- With 3 layers of foam: a firm-foam base, a memory foam mattress, and a soft, breathable top layer
- Comes with a detachable and washable outer cover
- Comes with a safety cutter for safely unboxing the product
- With 10 days’ replacement and 10-year warranty period from manufacturer
- The product was nicely stitched and accurately sized.
- The outer cover feels soft when lying on it.
- It gives comfort and support to the back and the spinal area.
- It comes with one detachable outer cover.
- It also comes with a safety cutter for the safe unboxing of the product.
- The mattress is covered with white; thus, stains and dirt are easily noticeable
- It gives a chemical-like smell upon opening it.
- It keeps too much of the body heat, making it uncomfortable to sleep with.
Wakefit Dual Comfort Mattress – Hard & Soft, King Bed Size
Again, Wakefit earns another spot in our review for the best mattresses in India but, this time, it is for the Wakefit Dual Comfort Mattress. This mattress comes with 2 highly-innovative layers that can both equally give the right amount of softness and firmness to ensure you of a goodnight’s sleep. The highly innovative memory foam provides a cloud-like feeling during your sleep, while it’s high-resilience foam gives adequate back and spinal support, no need to worry about waking up with back pain or a sore body. Furthermore, it is covered with a non-removable, high-GSM spun, polyester fabric that gives it an elegant look while protecting your foam from dirt and stains.
- Length * Width * Height (78*60*6)
- Weight of 25.6 kilograms
- Mattress comfort of medium-firm on the grey side and medium-soft on the white side
- Color: White/ Grey
- Comes with 2 high-quality layers
- Covered with a breathable, high-GSM spun fabric
- With 10 days’ replacement and 3-year warranty from the manufacturer
- It can be used on either side; if you prefer a firmer bed, then you can use the grey side. However, if you prefer the medium-soft side, then you can lie down on the white side.
- It is much lighter.
- It is nicely and uniformly stitched.
- The customer service is above par.
- It is lightweight.
- The mattress can get a bit warm, especially in summer.
- The outer cover is non-removable and tends to become slack after some time.
Kurl-on Dream Sleep Spring Mattress
If you prefer a high-quality spring mattress for your bedchamber, then the Kurl-on Dream Sleep Spring Mattress is the one for you. Comes in a multi-color, polyurethane-quilt foam top and bottom cover, this spring mattress ensures its customers of both comfort and luxury. It is made of highly tensile Bonell springs encased in a Thermo-Bond felt to prevent it from rupturing the other layers of the mattress. It can fit a single-sized, Queen-sized, or King-sized bed as they have a variety of sizes you can choose from.
- Length * Width * Height of (78*60*6) inches
- Weight of 27.2 kilograms
- Comes in a multi-color combination
- Made of highly tensile Bonell springs
- Springs are then enclosed in a Thermo-bond felt
- Comes in a variety of sizes to choose from
- With 1-year free replacement and 5 year warranty
- It gives value to your money.
- The spring mattress is durable and doesn’t rupture easily.
- It is available in different sizes.
- It has a replacement period of 1 year according to the manufacturer’s standards.
- Although making noise is quite normal with spring mattresses, this mattress gives off an awkward squeaky sound.
- The sizes are quite off, about half a foot smaller than what was described.
- Springs can be felt in some parts.
Urban Ladder Dreamlite Bonnel Spring Mattress
Urban Ladder Dreamlite Bonne Spring Mattress offers good back support that doesn’t compromise the luxury of your comfort. Made with anti-corrosive and high-carbon Bonnel springs, this Dreamlite Bonnel Spring Mattress guarantees you long-term and comfortable use. Sleep sublime as the top layer of this spring mattress is enhanced to provide you comfort while reducing the need to constantly toss and turn for your ease. Furthermore, it has a reinforced edge-support spring to avoid rolling-off or sagging while you are sitting at the edge of the bed. It also has a special foam-quilting top that gives you a cloud-like feel in your sleep.
- Length * Width * Height (78*60*6) inches
- Weight of 28.1 kilograms
- Color: white
- With anti-corrosive, high-carbon Bonnel Springs
- With a reinforced spring edge-support
- Has a special Foam-quilting top for softness
- With innerspring technology
- Warranty of up to 5 years
- It gives the right balance of support and softness.
- It looks good and easily complements the aesthetics of your bedchamber.
- The edge of the bed is firm and doesn’t let you down.
- It has an innerspring technology.
- It is a bit hard.
- The springs can press on your back.
- You can disturb the next person sleeping next to you.
@home By Nilkamal Value+ 4-inch Double Size Foam Mattress
The Value+ 4-inch Foam Mattress is a result of the methodical and careful understanding of the weather conditions in India and the sleeping habits of its people. It is made of 3 layers– the Polyurethane Foam, Hard Foam, and Quilt – that ensure its users both comfort and ample support during their sleep. To top it off, it is covered in a luxurious and lovely maroon quilt cover to give a bolder aesthetics to your bedchamber.
- Weighs only 20 kilograms
- Foam is made from Evlon/Lux Foam
- Gives medium-firm feel
- Covered in maroon-quilt
- Made of 3 layers: Polyurethane Foam, Hard Foam, and Quilt
- Warranty of 2 years
- It is extremely lightweight.
- The cover gives a bolder and new look to the bedroom.
- It has a nice quality despite its cheap price.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It becomes firmer over time.
- The product size is a little off.
- It gives a strong smell after the plastic is removed.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Mattress in India
In all honesty, there is no single ideal mattress for everyone. What I consider a good mattress may be a little off for you and vice versa. However, we have come up with these few things to consider that might be useful in choosing the top mattress in India.
Understand the composition and construction of the mattress
First off, you have to consider what are the construction materials used for your mattress, for this will help you determine what kind of mattress suits you best.
Here are some of the different types of mattresses that you could choose.
- Spring mattress – this mattress is made of separate pocketed springs that minimizes motion transfer, allowing you or your partner an undisturbed sleep if one of you constantly tosses and turns during sleep.
- Foam mattress– this mattress offers a wide range of support for the sleeper, from soft to medium-soft to medium-rigid to extra-firm depending on the combination of the foams used or the density of the foam material.
- Rubberized Coir mattress– this mattress usually has a firm and dense support base that keeps shape over the years and provides its user optimum back support and spine alignment.
- Latex mattress– this mattress is 100% natural and ideal for infants, expecting mothers, seniors, or others who are quite sensitive to the materials used. This also does a good job of providing ample back support and maintaining proper body alignment.
Choose the right support
One of the most vital aspects of a mattress is the way it holds or supports your body throughout the entire duration of your sleep. This again depends on the construction materials and how they work together to hold or support your body in your sleep. The plushness or firmness of a mattress comes with a range of benefits and possibilities, but still, it all depends on your requirements and personal preference.
Pick your comfort and the right size
You should also choose the right size and comfort that you deem necessary for a bed. It all depends on whether you prefer a rugged, smooth, soft, or textured feel.
Determine your sleeping style
If you want to choose the most suitable mattress for you, then you must determine your sleeping style.
- Side Sleepers: If you happen to be a side sleeper, a soft-to semi-firm mattress is a good choice for you.
- Back Sleepers: For back sleepers, any firmness of the mattress will do, but usually, a bed that is on the firmer side is more ideal as it can support your back and provide the right spine alignment.
- Stomach sleepers: People who sleep on their stomach need the right balance between soft and firmness.
- Toss and turn Sleepers: For people who usually tosses and turns or for parents who co-sleep with their infants, choose a mattress that will minimize motion like the spring mattress.
It is also important to note the weather in choosing an excellent mattress in India. Especially if you live in a hot, humid area, you should do away with a hot foam mattress and try to consider a coir or spring bed.
It is also important to consider your budget in buying the next mattress for your room. It doesn’t necessarily mean the cheapest in the market. Consider how long will your bed serve you and how much the maintenance cost is to keep your bed good and fully functioning.
If you want to have a good night’s sleep without having to wake up with back pain or a sore body, then you need to invest in a good mattress. Highlighted above are some of the factors you should consider in buying a great mattress in India. With this guide, we believe that your buying decision has become easier and you have also learned about everything to know about mattresses.