After doing extensive research for more than 16 hours, we believe we have found the best microwave oven that most people in India will be happy with. We have made this decision based on remarkable features such as combi tech, multi-stage cooking, auto cook option, auto reheating, and many more. Apart from our top pick, there are also a number of models for those who are constrained by budget. Now, let us go into the details of our top-selling models.
Top Microwave Ovens In India
IFB 20SC2 20 L Convection Microwave Oven – Editor’s Choice
IFB is a common household brand that is known for its exceptional appliances, and the IFB 20SC2 is no exception. This product works on the convection mechanism which makes it possible to defrost, reheat, grill, and cook dishes. Also, it comes with thoughtful features like multi-stage cooking and auto cook menu that allows you to surprise your family with a wide range of both Indian and foreign cuisines. It has a capacity of 20 litres and is not hard on the pocket when it comes to power consumption. Plus, if you have a child at home, you will appreciate its child lock function.
- 20-litre internal capacity – This capacity is ideal for bachelors and small families.
- Convection mode – With this function, you can perform various activities such as grilling, defrosting, reheating and cooking.
- Auto cook menus – With 24 menus available, you simply need to choose the dish and the weight, and you will have your new dish in no time. Also, the auto cook setting allows you to change the settings without cancelling the original one.
- Multi-stage cooking – This impressive feature makes cooking more convenient and allows you to save time.
- Defrost option – All you need to do is enter the weight of the dish and wait for it to defrost.
- Touch keypad control – It also features a control that’s sensitive to touch and very easy to clean.
- Auto reheating feature – This is a pre-programmed feature that saves power and time.
- Built–in memory function – This oven stores 3 cooking styles in its memory.
- Child lock safety – A protection feature that comes in handy for families with kids.
- Combi–tech feature – This allows you to use the microwave and grill at the same time to make delicious meals like sandwiches.
With so many impressive and easy-to-use features, the IFB 20 L Convection microwave oven (20SC2) is our main pick. It comes with the option to enable you to make new dishes for your family, something that is missing in other models. We also love its modern design which goes well with any modern kitchen.
- Easy-to-use features
- Digital time display that shows the cooking time
- Safety protection features like child lock to prevent accidents
- Combines micro and grill technology for easy cooking
- Includes 24 auto cook menus for easy cooking
- The cavity may be too small for containers like rice pots
- Product is prone to rust
- Delivers uneven cooking for baked dishes
Bajaj 17 L Solo Microwave Oven – Best Budget Pick
Although Bajaj is an upcoming brand, there is no doubt that their products are flooding the Indian market. This model from Bajaj is a solo microwave oven that has a capacity of 17 litres which makes it ideal for bachelors and couples. It can also suffice for small families. This product is equipped with basic features that will let you and your family enjoy delicious food effortlessly. It has a stainless steel construction which not only gives it a great appearance but also makes it less prone to damage. What makes it unique from other models is the mechanical control knobs that make it possible to control the heating level and temperature depending on what you intend to cook.
- Built-in time and alarm function – This microwave oven features a 30-minute timer as well as an alarm system that notifies you when the cooking process is complete.
- Mechanical control knobs – For an easy-to-use and hassle-free user interface.
- Reheating and warming functions – These functions allow you to heat your cooked food.
- Stainless steel cavity – This makes an excellent addition to your kitchen and makes it easy to clean off any mess.
- Power consumption: 700 watts
- Defrost – Save time and effort by simply defrosting frozen food.
- Multiple power levels – This solo oven is equipped with 5 power levels for easy cooking and optimum heating of your food. You can switch between the 5 power levels to set the right heat for your dish according to your needs.
- Smart options – This microwave also comes with smart thoughtful features like multi-stage cooking. Plus, there are safety features like overheating system protection and a child safety lock for homes with children.
Generally speaking, Bajaj 1701 MT is the best budget microwave oven in India. Although this unit doesn’t operate on convection mechanism, it still features the defrost option, and you can reheat your food without much struggle. With simple yet effective features, this microwave oven is, without a doubt, good value for your money.
- Flexible 5 power levels ensure optimum heating
- Stylish model with great looks
- Easy to clean
- Jog dials make it easy to use
- Built-in alarm and timer functions
- Suitable for families
- Defrosting option
- Lacks convection options like grilling and baking
- Suitable for food that requires little time cooking
- Omits digital controls
BPL 20 L Convection Microwave Oven – Best Value Microwave Oven
If what you’re after is the best value microwave oven, then look no further than BPL 20-liter convection oven. This model features all convection options such as grilling, cooking, reheating, defrosting, as well as warming. Even better, it features a powerful combination of grill and tech modes which browns your meals without worrying about overheating. This intelligent oven comes with 10 power levels which add to its performance and enable you to cook meals based on your requirements. With a capacity of 20 litres, it is capable of preparing meals for small families, bachelors, and couples at one go.
- Auto cook options – Choose from a wide range of recipes and select the time and heat based on your preference.
- Auto cook setting – This feature intelligently lets you change the cooking settings without cancelling the ongoing process.
- 10 power levels – Select the right power level for your dish depending on your preference. This prevents overcooking and helps conserve energy.
- Smart power selections – This ensures that the food is evenly cooked without undercooking or overcooking it.
- Standard menus – There are 41 menus you can choose from.
- Touch keypad membrane – It is easy to access, sensitive, and easy to clean.
- Stainless steel cavity – The cavity inside the microwave oven is highly durable and ensures proper heat circulation in order to ensure even cooking.
- Steam clean feature – Clean and sanitize the internal cavity with this innovative function.
If you are in the market for a microwave oven that has a low capacity, then you may want to consider the BPL 20-liters microwave oven. Not only does it come in a compact design that doesn’t take much space, but it also carries all of the features of a convection oven. It is, therefore, a great investment capable of providing seamless performance.
- Exceptional performance
- Great for warming and reheating meals
- Great price
- Compact design
- Auto cook options
- Easy to operate controls
- Comes with power-saving features which are useful for Indian households
- Limited features compared to other competing brands
- Small capacity
- Omits digital control options
- Some users say it is a low-quality product
IFB 17 L Solo Microwave Oven – Best Solo Microwave Oven
Another IFB product on our list is this solo microwave that has a 17-litres capacity, making it a great fit for families that don’t require a higher capacity model. Despite its low capacity, this unit has 6 power levels and 33 standard cooking menus that will make cooking a lot easier. Once you have selected the dish you want to cook, it will be prepared within a short period of time. Though it doesn’t include some features of convection ovens like grill and bake, it still has all the important features that a solo oven should have. This includes cook, reheat, warm, and defrost.
- 6 power levels – With these flexi power levels like timer, auto cook, and defrosting, you can easily alter the temperature without stopping the cooking process.
- 3 auto cooking menus – This is designed for a hassle-free cooking experience. Enter the type of dish and its weight, then let the auto cook feature do the rest.
- 30-minute timer – When you set the timer, you will rest easy knowing that your food won’t overcook.
- Jog dials – These are manual controls that are very easy to use and extremely durable.
- Great performance
- Attractive looks to complement a modern kitchen
- Includes 3 auto cooking menus
- Easy to use
- Lightweight yet durable design
- Doesn’t include features of convection ovens like grilling and baking
- Small capacity
- Doesn’t come with a starter kit
IFB 30 L Convection Microwave Oven – Best High-End Microwave Oven
Though this product features the same specs as other IFB models, what makes it stand out is the motorized Rotisserie. This is a great feature for all meat lovers. It also features a whopping 101 standard menu options, multi-stage cooking, child lock, steam clean option, and other features. For these and many reasons, this is the best high-end microwave oven you can find on the market.
- Motorized Rotisserie – This is a motorized stick that is used with the upper and lower heater to give crispy meat dishes.
- Multi-stage cooking – This unit allows you to automatically set 3 types of cooking modes.
- 101 auto cook menus – You can choose your dish from this menu and wait for it to get ready.
- Steam clean option – This option makes cleaning of the interior extremely hassle-free. It also leaves a nice lemon fragrance.
- Fermentation function – Allows you to make fermented milk, butter, and dough.
- Built-in memory – For storing 3 cooking levels including grill, convection, and micro.
- Keep warm feature – This feature keeps your food warm for 90 minutes without overcooking it.
- Comes with protection features like child lock and overheating protection
- Comes in a 30-litre capacity which is ideal for large families
- Good quality and durable
- Steam cleaning option
- Combines grill and micro technology to brown dishes
- Defrost option
- Starter kit included
- Lacks jog dial
- The heating rod is likely to burn out
- Others user say that the product’s quality is poor
Things to Consider Before Buying Microwave Ovens in India
There are so many microwave oven models on the Indian market today, and generally speaking, selecting the right one for your needs can be quite overwhelming. For this reason, it is important to know which features to look out for before you head out shopping. Below are some factors that you should bear in mind to help you make an informed buying decision:
Type of oven
There are three types of microwave ovens in the Indian market: solo, grill, and convection ovens. A solo microwave oven only features the microwave option and is used to cook, defrost, and reheat food. On the other hand, a grill microwave oven resembles the solo model, only that it comes with grilling accessories. It offers grilling, roasting and heating options. Meanwhile, a convection microwave oven is suitable for grilling, baking, reheating, and defrosting. It uses a heating element to cook fast and is ideal for large families.
The other important step is to determine which microwave oven is best suited for your needs. Generally, there are three styles of microwave ovens to choose from including counter top, over-the-range, and built-in models. Counter top models are the most popular because they don’t require any installation and are very affordable. They are ideal for reheating food and thawing frozen dishes. On the other hand, over-the-range and built-in models are quite expensive and require installation by a professional electrician. As the name suggests, over-the-range models are built above the kitchen range. They free up counter space and are a good option if you don’t have much kitchen space.
Type of microwave oven panel
Basically, microwave ovens in India feature three types of control panels namely mechanical, feather touch, and tactile button. Mechanical panels are common in solo microwave ovens and are characterized by their ease of use and durability. The feather touch panel is an innovative system that is designed to sense the fingers and operates just like a touch screen phone. The intuitive design adds a touch of style and can be cleaned with ease. Lastly, we have the tactile button panel that can be used to set the timer, temperature, and other controls. What stands out most about this feature is the fact that you can control it even with soiled hands without worrying about damaging the unit.
Microwave ovens in India are available in 5 different sizes depending on the size of family and the food you intend to cook. For small families with 2-3 members, a small microwave with a capacity of 15 to 20 litres would be ideal. Mid-sized units with 20-25 litres are considered ideal for families of 4, while large families would do well with larger ovens of about 25 litres or more.
Microwave ovens with a higher wattage are likely to function better than their counterparts. The wattage consumption of microwave ovens usually varies from 600 to 1500 watts based on capacity, usage, heating ability, and smart options. Most energy-efficient units come with an intelligent heating system that helps reduce power consumption. Units with 1000 watts and more are great for large families since they speed up the cooking process and can cook efficiently. Cheaper models that have 700 watts or fewer have slow cooking time and may not cook evenly.
You may want to look for the defrosting feature as it makes it possible to defrost your food without waiting for it to thaw. All you need to do is select the type of food and its weight, then let the facility do the rest. A benefit of this function is that it doesn’t change the flavour or taste of food.
Child lock function
This is an important feature that should not be ignored when purchasing a microwave oven. This is particularly true for families with kids. It is dangerous to open the oven halfway through cooking as there is too much heat inside. The child safety lock is an electric lock system that prevents kids from opening the microwave, thus avoiding unnecessary accidents.
Ease of use features
When choosing a microwave oven, it’s important to look at the features that render the appliance easy to operate. One of these features is the turntable which automatically turns food on the revolving glass in order to ensure that it cooks evenly. Hence, you don’t have to halt and turn the dish during cooking. An automatic sensor is also ideal as it automatically shuts down the oven when the food is ready to prevent overheating.
Auto cook menu
This is an impressive feature that you might want to consider if you are looking forward to making surprise dishes for your friends and family. Microwave ovens with this feature come with preset programs that simplify the preparation process of various recipes. All you need to do is choose the type of meal and its weight. After that, the microwave oven will then automatically calculate the time before setting the power.
Price and brand reputation
Of course, price is an important factor because you want to ensure that you choose an appliance that is within your budget. Generally speaking, the price varies significantly with the type, size, and brand of the product. When it comes to the best microwave ovens in India, there are many brands in the market to choose from. Some well-known microwave oven manufacturers in India include Samsung, IFB, LG, and Toshiba. If you are on a tight budget, then consider products from brands such as Whirlpool, BPL, and Panasonic. On the other hand, products from high-end brands like Samsung, IFB, and LG can be costly as they come with upgraded features that allow you to navigate smart and cook food quickly. Also, do take into consideration the warranty provided by the company.
If you want to quicken the cooking process, then you have to invest in a good quality microwave oven. Performance, usability, and price are just some of the things that you should bear in mind when choosing an excellent microwave oven in India. We hope that this guide goes a long way in helping you make an informed buying decision.