Based on more than 18 hours of extensive research on all the top-selling washing machines in India, we have picked out a winner for you. We based our ratings on factors such as the high speed, anti-vibration design, active water system, and quick-wash features. There are several washing machine models that are great choices for a range of budget requirements. Take a look at all of our shortlisted models below.
Top Selling Washing Machines in India
Bosch 7 Kg Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (WAK24268IN)- Editor’s Choice
Bosch is a well-known brand in India and this is for a number of reasons. This fully-automatic front-loading machine has gained an audience in India because it supports various kinds of wash cycles. It is also equipped with excellent features that will make your washing experience exceptional. It is very easy to operate thanks to the huge LED display that has a fully electronic dial. One spec that makes this washing machine stand out is the active water facility that lets you automatically adjust the water level. This makes it an ideal choice for those looking for an energy-efficient washing machine.
- Active Water System– The machine is equipped with a load-sensing function that monitors the laundry fabric and weight in the drum and automatically adjusts the water and electricity being used.
- 7 kg capacity- With a capacity of 7 kg, the machine is sufficient for the needs of a family with 3-4 members.
- 1200 RPM- It delivers a maximum spin speed of 1200 rpm to ensure faster drying time.
- Quick wash feature- Conveniently wash lightly stained clothes within 15 minutes with the quick-wash feature.
- VarioDrum- Bosch washing machine comes with VarioDrum that is tough on stubborn stains and gentle on delicate fabrics.
- Anti-vibration design- This is a great feature as it reduces vibrations and provides greater stability for the washing machine.
If you are looking for an outstanding front-loader, Bosch WAK24268IN is an excellent choice. This machine is loaded with special features that are popular on the Indian market. It is one of the best machines when it comes to time-saving, thanks to its SpeedPerfect feature that minimizes the wash time by 65%.
- Exceptional wash quality
- Crafted with premium quality to ensure robust design
- SpeedPerfect feature saves time
- Maximum convenience
- Includes special programs
- Spare parts can be expensive
- Prone to mold caused by a manufacturing defect
- Drum issues including rusting
LG 6KG Inverter Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine-FHOFANDNL02 (Best Budget Pick)
Coming from a reputable brand, this appliance is very innovative and is designed for the future. An impressive feature is the 6-motion technology that moves the drum in numerous directions in order to eliminate tough stains. Also, included is an inbuilt water-heater system that heats water up to 60 degrees in order to get rid of stains, allergens, and bacteria. This appliance only weighs 6 kg and is ideal for couples and families of up to 3 members.
- Auto-restart option– With this feature, your machine will start from where it stopped.
- Inbuilt water-heater system- Heats up to 60 degrees to remove all kinds of stains and allergens.
- Smart diagnosis- This feature allows you to diagnose up to 86 errors in your washing machine once you connect to the SmartThinQ app.
- 6-motion direct drive technology- The 6-motion control technology is designed to move the drum in different directions in order to remove tough stains and get your clothes ultra clean.
- Waterproof touch panel- This washing machine features a touch panel that is waterproof and comes in a seamless design. You can operate it safely even with wet fingers.
- Tub clean- To keep your tub clean and hygienic, this machine heats water up to 85 degrees.
If you are looking for a washing machine to soak your baby’s clothes or remove stubborn stains, then this appliance would be a suitable option. The machine is extremely durable, thanks to its stainless steel and rust-proof drum. What’s more, it comes with safety features such as child lock, which allows you to close down the lock settings so your little one doesn’t play with it.
- Removes stubborn stains with the 6-motion technology
- Child-lock mode
- Features rat mesh
- Durable, rust-proof construction
- Great for small families
- Great for non-allergenic clothes
- Auto-restart function doesn’t operate when the child-lock mode is on
- Touch screen may fail after a while
- Unclear installation instructions
Samsung 6.5 kg Inverter Fully-Automatic Front-Loading Washing Machine – Best Value Washing Machine
Samsung is one of the most popular brands for washing machines in India. The Samsung WW65M206L0W/ TL is a model with a capacity of 6.5 kg, which is an ideal size for families with 3-4 members. One thing that makes it stand out is the digital inverter motor that delivers unmatched performance, energy-efficiency and minimal noise. This ends up saving water and electricity in the long run. The machine is also designed with a diamond drum with soft curl design and diamond-shaped edges. This guarantees a gentle wash for delicate clothes.
- Diamond drum technology– This feature protects delicate clothes from damage and separates them for tangle-free washing.
- 1000 RPM– A great speed for effective cleaning.
- Ceramic heaters- Since they heat up quickly, the ceramic heaters prevent calcium build-up and this leads to energy efficiency.
- Silver wash technology- The machine gets rid of all bacteria and germs, so you can enjoy clean and hygienic clothes.
- Quick wash program- In just 15 minutes, the quick-wash technology cleans lightly soiled clothes effectively.
- Volt control technology- Owing to the unpredictable power fluctuations in India, this model is built with volt control, so you won’t have to worry.
I particularly love this model by Samsung because it comes with features for Indian customers like the volt control technology. Some parts of India do experience voltage surges which are likely to damage the washing machines and other appliances. Luckily, with this appliance, worrying about voltage fluctuations will be a thing of the past.
- Touch LED panel for effortless use
- Energy efficient
- Low water consumption because of front-load option
- Diamond drum technology prevents garment damage
- Elegant design
- Ceramic heater ensures durability
- The dial lacks a marker
- Difficult to operate the LED display in sunlight
- Gets noisy after a while
Bosch Front Loading 8 kg WAT2846WIN – Best Overall Front Loading
Bosch washing machines are popular for their great build quality and the Bosch WAT2846WIN is no exception. This 8 kg front loading washing machine is energy efficient and easy to use. In just 60 minutes, the machine will wash, rinse, and spin your clothes. Compared to other models, this washing machine is very silent and has a low vibration. Hence, you won’t need a stand to minimize the vibration level. Also, it is possible to change the RPM and temperature for the wash cycle that you have selected. So if the 1000 RPM does not get the job done, you can easily switch to the 1400 RPM.
- EcoSilence Drive Motor– Designed to work effectively and quietly, minimizing heat.
- Antivibration design- This washing machine works at a low vibration level even when working at high speeds.
- ActiveWater- This feature senses the weight of the load and adjusts the water accordingly.
- Anti-tangle feature- Helps to reduce tangles by 50% in order to prevent damage to clothes and makes them easier to iron.
- VarioDrum feature- This unique design is tough on stains but very gentle on fine textures.
There is no doubt that this washing machine stands out from most models especially when it comes to minimal vibration and low noise level. I find it cleverly designed to ensure that it reduces water and electricity usage without compromising on the wash results. So, whether you want to wash smaller loads or bigger loads, you will have the flexibility to use the right amount of water.
- Energy efficient
- Minimal vibration and noise level
- Excellent quality of wash
- Uses both cold and hot water
- Washes in just 60 minutes
- Offers various wash cycles
- Complicated to use because of button positions
- Produces sound during slow speed
LG Semi-Automatic Top Loading 7.5 kg Washing machine (P8541R3SA)- Best Top Load/ Semi-Automatic
If you are looking for an easy to use semi-automatic top load washing machine, then this appliance is worth considering. The machine is ready to use and doesn’t need any demo or installation. Truly, it doesn’t get any better than this. With a capacity of 7.5 kg, the LG semi-automatic top loading washing machine can cater to the needs of large Indian households. It is designed for 3 different wash cycles in order to ensure that clothes of different fabrics enjoy safe and customized wash at all times. With this advanced technology model, you can be assured of a better washing experience.
- 3-wash programs- Choose between gentle, normal, and strong depending on your type of fabric.
- Rat away technology – The machine is designed with a 3MM plastic cover that features a rat repellent cover.
- Roller jet pulsator- The more the rotation, the greater the washing experience.
- Lint collector- This feature collects the fiber removed from clothes to ensure clear pipes.
- Spin shower- Keep your machine clean with the spin cycle that washes off soap residue.
- Air dry- The machine dries up to 30%-40% more quickly than line drying.
- Collar scrubber- Save time and effort with this scrubber that gets your collars and cuffs clean.
This LG product cares for you and your clothes. It is designed with the latest technology including the rat away technology that protects your washing machine from harm. This is just one of the features that enhances the performance and durability of the machine to give you the best wash experience.
- Exceptional washing performance
- Robust plastic construction
- Easy to use and doesn’t require demo
- Air dry technology dries clothes faster
- Rat away technology to prevent rodent damage
- 3 wash programs for a customized wash
- Shorter drain hose
- Buzzer can get loud
- Outlet pipe could have been longer
- Filters not provided
Whirlpool 6.5 kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WHITE MAGIC PREMIER)- Best Budget Top Load Fully Automatic
Whirlpool is an international brand that has brought tough competition to Indian brands by manufacturing machines that are specifically designed for Indian consumers. This is evident in this particular machine which provides a great wash for clothes even with hard water. Usually, it is difficult to have detergent action in hard water. However, this machine uses intelligent hard water software to provide better detergent action. The spa wash system is another great aspect of this machine as it comes in handy in reducing the tangling of the clothes. Not forgetting the sensors that adjust water level and detergent level and sense voltage fluctuations.
- Hard water wash– Say goodbye to hard water problems with this washing machine which uses hard water software to ensure 20% better cleaning.
- Agipeller with 3D scrub pads- This mode is designed to eliminate tough stains and give you the whitest whitewash.
- Smart sensors- The smart sensors are able to sense and alert when there is lower water pressure and voltage fluctuations.
- Smart Lint Filter- The lint filter automatically cleans up the lint.
- Express wash– Enjoy up to 50% quicker wash for each wash program.
- Smart detergent recommendation- Senses the laundry load and suggests the right detergent dosage.
This is the excellent washing machine in India if you are looking for a top-load washing machine that is budget-friendly. Its special features make it’s a good buy, especially for the Indian community. However, most users complain about poor installation services and the fact that it omits a pulsator to reduce tangling.
- Great scrubbing to knock off dirt and give whitewash
- Operates at low-water pressure
- Washes in hard water
- 3 simple to use buttons
- Smart sensors
- Agitators are likely to cause tangling, reducing the life of clothes
- Poor installation service
LG 8.0 Kg Semi- Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine – Best Overall Semi-Automatic
This is yet another LG product that gives the best wash performance for your clothes. This model is a good buy for those looking for the best semi-automatic washing machine. Although these types of machines don’t come with a lot of features, you will still get some useful features like the Wind Jet Dry Technology which ensures faster and better drying of clothes. It comes across as the ideal buy for large families thanks to its 8 kg capacity. What’s more, it offers 3 wash programs for washing 3 types of clothes. Hence, you don’t have to worry about delicate fabrics getting ruined.
- 3 wash program– The machine offers gentle, normal, and strong settings for different fabrics.
- Soak- Soak your clothes for about 20 minutes to knock off tough stains.
- Rat away technology- Say goodbye to rats with the rat repellent chemical on the plastic cover.
- Magic wheels- The magic wheels allow easy mobility and rotation.
- Air dry- The air dry features ensure your clothes are dried 30% more quickly than with line drying.
- Lint collector- This prevents blockage of the washing machine’s pipes.
- Collar scrubber- The inbuilt collar scrubber saves a lot of time and effort in getting your collars clean.
The LG P9037R3SM is a top model among washing machines that ensures your clothes are effectively cleaned. I particularly like the roller jet pulsator that rotates the clothes to get rid of every stain. Besides that, the machine’s air-dry technology saves you time and effort as it ensures faster drying.
- Large-load capacity
- 1000 RPM drying
- Rat away technology protects machine from rat damage
- Dries clothes faster and better
- Powerful motor
- 3 wash programs
- Some users say lint filter is missing
- Mostly plastic body
- Large in size and takes up a lot of space
IFB 6 Kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Diva Aqua SX) – Best Washing Machine for Hard Water
If you are looking for the suitable washing machine in India for hard water without comprising on other important features, the IFB Diva Aqua SX is a great choice. With a maximum speed of 800 rpm, this machine comes equipped with features that can be convenient for Indian households. It has a hard water feature that easily adapts to the wash programs of the machine and ensures wash quality even in hard water. The machine is also loaded with the hot water wash option that lets you choose between hot, cold, and warm settings.
- Crescent moon drum– This machine features a smooth crescent moon that provides a gentle water cushion. This helps to prevent damage to clothes.
- Aqua Energie- This feature energizes hard water and dissolves detergent better.
- 2D wash system- The wash and rinse cycle uses a 2D wash system for a thorough soak and cleaner wash.
- Auto Balance System- This system detects unbalanced loads and redistributes them for a stable wash.
- Ball valve technology– This technology lets water out and keeps detergent in.
- Laundry adds– With this machine, it is possible to add missed laundry even after the cycle has begun.
If you are looking for a washing machine with numerous wash programs, this model by IFB probably would be the answer. Despite being very affordable, it offers 15-wash programs that include cotton wash, rapid wash, and woolens wash. It is also a good buy if you live in areas with hard water.
- Quality wash
- Great for bachelors and couples
- Crescent moon drum prevents clothes tangling or being damaged
- Child-lock feature included
- Great for hard water
- Features protective rat mesh
- Low rpm of 800 which requires you to dry the clothes on a clothes line
- Poor installation service
IFB 8 Kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine (Senator Aqua SX) – Best High-End Washing Machine
The IFB Senator Aqua SX washing machine comes with a capacity of 8 kg which is suitable for 5 or more people. It is one of the few models that have a high speed of 1400 rpm to ensure that your clothes dry within the quickest time possible. Therefore, no need to dry them on the clothes line. The drum is constructed from stainless steel, and it features a crescent moon grove that provides a water cushion to prevent the clothes from rubbing on the drum. It also comes with multiple wash programs to help you wash different types of garments without worrying that you will destroy them.
- Air bubble wash- This interesting feature provides millions of bubbles that remove stubborn stains.
- Ball valve technology- Helps to keep detergent in as you drain water in order to improve the quality of wash and reduce water waste.
- Aqua Energie- This inbuilt feature softens hard water to give your clothes a soft treat.
- Crescent moon drum- Prevents damage and rubbing of clothes by offering water cushion.
- Auto balance system– Unbalanced laundry is automatically detected and rearranged.
- Time Delay– You can delay the time of the wash cycle by 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- High low voltage protection– This is a reassuring feature if your areas experiences voltage surges.
Personally, I find this washing machine capable of delivering the best washing experience. It has excellent features that will keep dirt away and ensure your clothes are protected during the wash cycle. It is designed for India as it works well with hard water and offers high low voltage protection.
- High rpm for drier clothes
- User-friendly LCD display
- Designed to care for silk
- Adding laundry is possible mid wash cycle
- Crescent moon drum protects clothes against damage
- Need taps of specific size during installation
- Gets noisy after several uses
- Machine gets stuck after a few minutes of use
How to Choose the Best Washing Machine in India
Type of Washing Machine
Typically, washing machines are divided into two types; semi-automatic and fully-automatic machines. Fully-automatic machines are programmed to wash, spin, and dry clothes. Therefore, human intervention is minimized as the machine does everything. These washing machines are designed with the latest technology making them an expensive option. They are also very heavy, consume more electricity, and need a continuous supply of water. On the other hand, semi-automatic machines come with two tubs and calls for a lot of human intervention. You will be required to perform most of the tasks manually including filling the drum with water and transferring the clothes to the drying tub. The advantage associated with semi-automatic washing machines is that it consumes less power and water. Also, one is able to add or remove clothes during the wash cycle.
Selecting a washing machine gives you the option to choose between top load and front-load machines. As the name suggests, top-load machines let you load the clothes from the top of the washing drum, while the front load machine involves loading clothes from the front. Fully-automatic machines offer both front-load and top-load options. Top load machines have fewer wash programs and are less expensive than their counterparts. They also give you the option of adding clothes between the wash programs. Front-load machines run at a slower speed, hence are more energy efficient. However, they are heavy, expensive, and don’t give you the option to add or remove clothes during the wash cycle. Usually, India prefers top-load machines while Western countries prefer front-load machines.
Washing Machine Capacity
The capacity is another important factor that you need to consider when making your decision. Deciding on the right capacity will prevent you from doing the wash cycle again. Basically, the capacity needed will depend on the weight of clothes you intend to wash and the number of family members. For instance, if you are a family of 1 to 3 people, then you can opt for a machine between 6-6.5 kg. A washing machine of 7-8 kg would be ideal for a household of 4 to 6 members while a 10+ kg machine would do well with large families of more than 6 members.
Some manufacturers offer additional features that add to the convenience and functionality of the washing machines. Some of the additional features to look out for include;
- Temperature control– This feature allows you to adjust the temperature. For instance, you could use high temperatures for clothes with stains and low temperatures if you want to save energy.
- Time Delay- This feature lets you hold back the wash cycle when you have the laundry ready.
- Revolutions per minute (RPM)-RPM is the speed at which the tubs can spin. A higher RPM is great for squeezing out water from the clothes.
- Washing programs available- The best brands of washing machines are equipped with various washing programs like pre-soak, quick wash, cotton, woolens, daily wash, easy-care, and many more. It is a good idea to decide on the programs based on the capacity and clothes being washed.
Best Washing Machine Brands in India
There are top washing machine brands that have dominated the Indian market today. They include:
This brand provides a plethora of washing machines that have the latest and best technology. They use technologies like Inverter technology, Direct Drive, 6-Motion Technology, Turbo Drum, and many more. Their innovative products come in different prices designed to meet the budget range of Indian people.
IFB is a leading international brand that is popular for its fully-automatic washing machines in India. In fact, it is one of the first brands to launch the front load machine in India. Built with German technology, their machines have features like smart sensors and Aqua Energie.
Samsung has made a name for itself when it comes to reliable electronic appliances. They offer the most innovative washing machines with technologies like smartphone app, wobble technology, and many more. Their latest technology is the quick drive which reduces laundry time by half.
This brand boasts of providing some of the most durable washing machines in the Indian market. Whirlpool is a great choice for top-load and semi-automatic machines.
The Onida brand is a good option for those that have a constraint on their budget.
Washing machines are a great investment for households in India today. Apart from being luxury appliances, they come in handy for tackling the tough laundry jobs. The above review has narrowed down the excellent washing machines in India to help you make an informed decision. Pay attention to the features of the washing machine and make your selection depending on what you deem important.