Based on more than 20 hours of extensive primary and secondary research for all the top-selling models, we have our top pick for the best water purifier in India. We looked for a model that was affordable, came with multiple purification stages, smart LED indicators, TDS regulator, energy-saving feature, and voltage fluctuation protection. Besides our top choice, there are other water purifier models that meet different budgetary needs and requirements. Now, let us dive into our list of top picks on the market.
Top Water Purifiers In India
Aquasure from Aquaguard Smart Plus by Eureka Forbes – Editor’s Choice
The Aquaguard Smart Plus by Eureka Forbes is a good choice if you are looking for a reliable RO purifier from a reliable brand. This is the solution for most homes in India which are prone to harmful substances in the water that can adversely affect your health. Being in the industry for so long, Eureka Forbes developed this fabulous water purifier so that it can treat water from various sources like taps, tankers, and wells. Not only is it affordable, but it also features the double purification technology of (RO+UV) to ensure that you consume the purest and tastiest water. Additionally, the model has a capacity of 6 liters and is constructed from superior craftsmanship so that it can serve you for years to come.
- 6 stage RO+UV+MTDS purification feature includes the pre-filter to eliminate large impurities, chemi-block for eliminating bad odors, membrane life enhancer, RO membrane to remove TDS, a taste enhancer, and a UV disinfection chamber to remove bacteria and viruses from purified water.
- Smart TDS controller reduces dissolved salts up to 90% and ensures stock of lost essential minerals so that you can enjoy 100% tasty water.
- LED indicators highlight when the purification process is on, when there are defects in the unit, no water supply, low water pressure, and when the tank is full.
- A smart energy-saving feature lets you save energy by automatically shutting off the unit once the water tank is full.
- Voltage Fluctuations Protection will protect your purifier from damage during voltage fluctuations of between 150v-270v.
- Features a 6,000-liters cartridge life of purification via the Smart Cartridge Life feature.
Generally, the Aquaguard Smart Plus is a smart appliance in many ways. This unit has been gaining popularity thanks to its affordability, smart design, and 6-stage purification process that is designed for different water conditions in India. The features are pretty basic, though we consider it as our top choice due to the functionalities it offers to an average home in India.
- Comes with a 6-stage purification technology
- Superior modern design
- Extremely compact and lightweight design
- Includes MTDS to restore the taste of water
- Purifies water from all sources
- Its 6-liter water storage may not be ideal for large Indian families
- Causes water wastage just like other RO purifiers
- The tank tends to overflow
Ruby 12 Stage Purification Water Purifier – Best Budget Pick
The Ruby water purifier is a great choice for tackling hard water supply. Apart from coming at a very reasonable price, it is very efficient and guarantees quality water for the health of your family. It is a combination of both RO+UV and UF technology and comes with useful features like a filter change indicator. This unit goes through 6 purification processes, and the mineral cartridge stage sets it apart from the rest. With this feature, you can be assured that your family will enjoy healthy water with all the essential minerals present. The 12-liter storage tank is huge and makes a great choice for medium to large families.
- A 12-stage water purification process includes pre-filter, sediment filter, activated carbon filter, reverse osmosis (RO) membrane, UF filter, mineral cartridge, and ultraviolet.
- Double purification RO+UV +UF technology eliminates tons of impurities like bacteria, viruses, chemicals, and salts. The mineral cartridge adds the necessary minerals while the TDS controller restores the taste of water.
- The RO membrane eliminates impurities like mercury, lead, copper, chromium, fluoride, pesticides, and many more. Also, it can process 75 gallons of water every day.
- Filter change indicator lets you know when the filter needs replacement.
- 12 liters of storage tank capacity is enough even for a large Indian family.
- A purified water flow of up to 12 liters per hour.
If you need a high-quality yet affordable water purifier, then you should consider the Ruby water purifier. It is loaded with excellent features that make it a good choice for its price. With advanced purification technology, this purifier delivers healthy and tasty water that will undoubtedly quench your thirst.
- Comes with a massive 12-liter water tank storage capacity
- Features 12 purification stages
- Budget-friendly option
- Gives clean, high-quality drinking water
- Constructed from ABS-grade plastic
- Wide water level indicator
- Filter change indicator
- Can be prone to water leakage
- Poor build quality
- Filters are fragile and get damaged way too soon
- The TDS controller for filtered water and tap water is the same
Aquatec Plus Advance Plus Water Purifier – Best Value Water Purifier
One of the reasons why the Aquatec Plus Advance is a great choice of purifier for Indian homes is because of the fact that it can handle up to 2,000 TDS levels. It works with hard and salty water to ensure that you can consume safe and pure water. Moreover, it is a very affordable unit considering the excellent features it comes with. Thanks to its reverse osmosis technology, it can remove up to 99% of contaminants including chemicals, germs, and pesticides. It also features a stylish and modern design to complement a modern kitchen and give value for money.
- Powerful RO technology makes it possible to purify water and eliminate 99% of contaminants including chemicals, germs, and pesticides.
- A great and stylish design is built to complement a modern home.
- Can work up to 2,000 TDS levels in the water. It has a rejection rate of 90% which makes it especially good for the underground water in India.
- Filtration rate of 15 hours per liter is economical and makes it the best value for money.
- Wall-mounted design allows you to save on space.
- When it comes to maintenance, you will only be required to change the cartridge once a year. This is also true for hard water.
The Advance Plus water filter comes with so many useful features at a very affordable price, making it a really good choice that offers a good value for your money. What makes it stand out is its ability to handle water with a TDS level of up to 2,000. However, it may not be a good buy if the taste of water is vital for you. This is because it doesn’t come with the filter that ensures your water will taste good.
- Best value for your money
- Compact and wall-mounted space-saving design
- Comes with a 12-liter water storage capacity
- Features the RO+UV+UF purification technology
- Great functionality
- Requires little maintenance
- Lacks a regulator for controlling the taste of water
- Lacks proper installation support
- Wastage of water during operation
Blue Star Aristo Water Purifier – Best Overall Water Purifier
Are you thinking about purchasing a compact and stylish water purifier that will be a great addition to your smart home? If that’s the case, look no further than the Blue Star Aristo purifier. Even though this product is relatively new to the market, it does come with great functions and is ideal for places with high TDS levels, thanks to its RO purification technology. The device features a 6-stage purification process to ensure the complete elimination of bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms. It also comes with a 7-liter storage tank that is enough for an average Indian family.
- Uses the double filtration RO+UV method to eliminate all impurities including viruses, bacteria, TDS, radioactive compounds, and heavy metals.
- Comes with a 6-stage purification process that includes pre-filter, pre-carbon filter, sediment filter, RO membrane, post carbon filter, and UV lamp.
- Aqua taste booster improves the taste of water and maintains its optimum pH level using calcite media.
- Child lock feature via a small button stops the tab and disengages water dispensing when touched.
- Copper impregnated activated carbon features anti-bacterial properties and eliminates odor.
- Operates on 36 watts between the standard residential current of 220v-240v.
- Top-notch purification
- Ideal for purifying water from all sources
- Alerts when there is low water pressure
- Its child lock function minimizes water wastage
- Doesn’t work at low water pressures
- No alert for filter change
- Requires maintenance
- Throws out water during operation
Blue Star Majesto Water Purifier
The Blue Star Majesto is quite similar to the Blue Star Aristo model in many aspects. It has a double purification technology where RO eliminates TDS and heavy metal impurities while the UV destroys bacteria and viruses. This model also features a 6-stage purification process to provide you with a safe and high-quality drinking water. The only difference with the previous model is the storage capacity. The Blue Star Majesto includes a larger 8-liter storage capacity tank.
- 6-stage purification process
- Double RO+UV purification technology leaves sparkling and contamination-free water.
- Aqua Taste Booster enhances the taste of the water to give you an enriching experience.
- TDS controller helps turn hard water with up to 2,000 ppm into safe and tasty drinking water.
- RO membrane can filter up to 285 liters of water in a day.
- Copper Impregnated Carbon Filter safely removes dissolved chemicals and solid impurities.
- Features RO and UV purification methods
- Suitable for water with high levels of TDS
- Child lock feature saves water
- Sleek and stylish design
- Includes system alert features such as the process indicator and full tank indicator
- Not ideal to use with low water pressure
- Water wastage due to RO technology
- Made of low-quality material
Kent Ace Mineral Water Purifier – Best High-End Water Purifier
If you’re looking for a high-end water purifier that guarantees safe drinking water and comes from a reliable brand, then you may want to consider the Ace Mineral purifier. Kent is a well-recognized brand in India for its quality products, and this unit is no exception. Not only is this purifier NSF and WQA certified, but it also has the Gold Seal Certificate for providing high-quality water. It can be used to filter water from different sources including underground and municipal.
- RO+UV+UF water technology ensure excellent water quality. It also has UF and UV purification to remove small impurities like bacteria.
- RO membrane eliminates heavy metals.
- TDS controller replenishes lost minerals during RO purification process.
- A filter change alarm and UV fail alarm lets you know when cartridges and UV need replacement.
- Mineral RO technology uses a TDS controller to retain essential minerals and keep the water tasty.
- Features a wall-mounted design
- Purifies water from all sources
- High-quality water storage tank
- Filters 15 liters of water per hour
- Components are leak-proof and easy to fit
- Provides uncompromising water quality
- Water level and filter change indicator
- Wastes a lot of water being an RO purifier
- Comes with only 7 liters of storage capacity
- Build quality is substandard
Livpure Glo Mineralizer Water Purifier
This water purifier is a great choice for Indian homes due to the fact that it can handle all kinds of water. What makes it stand out is that it delivers the purest drinking water without extracting its essential minerals. This is thanks to its mineralizer that keeps essential minerals intact and adds vital minerals to keep your water healthy. Apart from that, it can convert water from any source to healthy drinking water at a rate of 1500 ppm.
- Double RO+UV purification dissolves impurities and make the water 100% pure.
- 6 stage advanced purification process includes sediment filter, pre-activated carbon filter, silver impregnated post carbon filter, UV disinfection column, mineralizer, and RO membrane.
- Purifies water up to 12 liters per hour
- Fitted with 7 liters of storage tank capacity
- Comes with a 6-stage water purification process
- Water storage tank constructed from food-grade plastic
- Mineralizer helps restore lost nutrients
- Features indicators that show you full tank status and purification process
- Purifies water from a variety of sources
- Its 7-liter water tank is only ideal for small families
- Defective with leakage issues
- Wastes a lot of water
How to Choose the Best Water Purifier in India
With so many models of water purifiers in the Indian market, finding the most suitable one for your needs can seem overwhelming. Fortunately, we have prepared some tips to help you pick the right one for your household. They’re as follows:
Determine the quality of water in your area
Basically, the type of water purifier you purchase will depend on the water quality in the area. The market in India offers various types of water filters that vary in features and the water purification process used. Therefore, you have to do a TDS test to evaluate the amount of TDS in your water. Make sure that the amount of TDS is within the working limits of the water purifier that you intend to buy.
Choose the appropriate type of water purifier based on your needs
Once you know the amount of TDS in your area, it will be easier to select the suitable water purifier for your needs. There are 3 types of water purification technologies in the market to choose from, namely:
- RO (Reverse Osmosis)
Also known as RO, this purifying technology is best-suited for high TDS water as it can eradicate toxic impurities like heavy metal, arsenic, and fluoride. It also removes excess dissolved salts and is the best purifying technology for purifying water in India. Moreover, water purifiers that use this technology require electricity to operate, and there’s also a need for a TDS controller as it is likely to remove essential minerals from water. Unfortunately, it can lead to unnecessary water wastage.
- UV (Ultraviolet)
As the name suggests, this purifying technology uses ultraviolet rays to kill bacteria and viruses to provide you with purified water. However, UV water purifiers are not capable of removing chemicals as well as dissolved and undissolved impurities in water. For this reason, they are ideal for water with a low TDS level.
- UF (Ultrafiltration)/Gravity-Based Purification
Just like RO, the UF technology uses a semi-permeable membrane for the purification process but with much larger pores. Hence, UF purifiers don’t need electricity or external pressure since water can easily pass through the membrane. Another advantage is that water is not wasted since UF purifiers don’t hold water back. However, these gravity-based purifiers can only remove large and undissolved solids like dust, bacteria, chlorine, and cyst from water.
Check the machine’s portability
Most of the time, you want a model that is easy to carry from one place to another, unless you are in a position to purchase multiple units. A more feasible unit will be one that’s lightweight and comes in a much smaller size to allow easy portability. You should also look for other vital features like a handle that will make portability possible.
Consider the purifier’s storage capacity
When shopping for a water purifier, you need to check the storage capacity depending on your needs and requirements. This is particularly true if you live in an area that experiences power outages frequently. This ensures that you have enough water for consumption. You may also want to opt for automated units that begin the purification process when the water level in the purifier declines.
Check the purifier’s brand
While this factor is often overlooked, it plays a crucial role in ensuring that you get the best water purifier in India that you can afford. When you are choosing water purifiers, make sure that you check the brand reputation so you can be assured that you are getting a reliable and quality machine. Reliable brands also offer years of warranty for their products in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
Factor in your budget
Last but certainly not least, factor in your budget and compare that to the price tag of the water purifier you are considering. It is also better to weigh up the cost of operating and maintaining a water purifier in India.
Different water sources have different impurities, and they may need certain types of purifiers. Our list of the best water purifiers in the market can help you decide which purifier to buy for your household. Hopefully, our buying guide can help you make an informed decision when you go shopping for the best purifying machine.